Luxury Norfolk Glamping Site
Stunning Farm Glamping in the Heart of South Norfolk
Rural Luxury Yurts, on a farm, with Private Hot Tubs and Private Bathrooms
Looking to Book a Specific Yurt?
Below you will find the links to each of our
individually themed glamping yurts where you
will be able to see availability and book online!
Site Availability Calendar
Dark Green Dates – Availability/Check In
Light Green Dates – Available/No Check In
Grey Dates – FULLY BOOKED
Please be aware that bank holiday and other selected weekends are a minimum of 3 night
Each of our luxury, heated, insulated yurts pitches includes the following;Ready Made PROPER Beds
- All Bed Linen, Toppers, Throws and Cushions
- Private wood fired hot tub with Jets and Lights
- Fluffy Towels
- Spa Robes
- Galaxy Projector and Bluetooth Speaker
- Clothes Storage
- Free Electric and WIFI
- Log Burner/Stove with Oven
- TV and DVD Player
- Fridge/Freezer Compartment
- Double Gas Camping Stove with Gas Bottle Provided
- Kitchen Utensils, Crockery, Pans, Cutlery, Tea Towels, Kettle, Tea Pot & Cafitiere
- Tea/Coffee/Biscuits/Hot Chocolate/Mini Marshmallows
- Hot Water Bottles, Torch
- Starter Supply of Wood, Kindling, Firelighters and Matches (more firewood available to purchase on site, £9.50 per bag)
- Cleaning Equipment
- Fire Extinguisher/Fire Blanket/First Aid Kit
- CO2 and Smoke Detector
- Combination BBQ/Pizza Oven (charcoal/wood not provided but available to purchase on site)
- Fire Pit
- Picnic Table
- We can supply a cot bed on request for £12
Useful things to bring:
- Wellington Boots
- Extra Torches
- Blankets (we provide blankets but you may like to bring extra)
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen and Hats
- Warm PJs and Fluffy Socks
- Deck Chairs for softer/extra seating (we do have a couple on site you can use but this is on a first come first served basis and so we advise bringing your own)
- Eye Mask for the early morning sunlight or you can buy one from us!
- Fan (for warm days)
All guests have their own private HEATED bathroom, a very short walk from their yurt which includes:
- Flushing Toilet!
- Electric Shower with Hot Water 24/7
- Full-Length Mirror
- Hand Towel, Face Cloth and Bath Mat
- Complimentary ‘Norfolk Natural Living’ Toiletries
- Heated Towel Rail
- Waste Bin
- Air Fresheners
- Unlimited Toilet Roll
- Lighting and Ventilation
Yurts are VERY similar in shape to the bell tents we used to have but vastly superior in terms of warmth, usable space, strength and durability!
As an example, insulated yurts are lived in, in the highlands of Scotland and Outer Mongolia all year round and can withstand wind speeds of up to 150mph and a weight of snow of 20lbs per square foot! These really aren’t going anywhere!
Bell tents have to be replaced every year, as the canvas isn’t as durable, but yurts will last for up to 20 years!
Some of the benefits/upgrades include:
Thick insulated walls – better energy efficiency and warmth all year round
Wooden lattice structure giving more stability and strength in all weathers
Lockable solid wood doors for extra security
Larger internal/useable space due to the higher sides/walls and ceilings
Stunning carved woodwork and central skylight for star gazing
Each of our gorgeous luxury, heated yurts has includes it very own private hot tub to really enhance your stay! There is nothing quite like sitting in the bubbling hot water and staring at the night sky!
We thought it was important to detail a few bits of information on our hot tubs:
- They are top of the range wood-fired
- They have massage jets and lights
- They are right next to your yurt and accessible for your private use throughout the whole of the stay, start to finish!
- They are covered and sheltered from the weather by a wood gazebo with fairy lights and bunting
How do we manage our hot tubs?
- All staff are fully trained in hot tub care following industry legislation and standards
- Water is emptied between EVERY guest and the tub sanitised with spa cleaner before being refilled
- The hot tub has a filter which works to keep your water clean during your stay and this is changed between EVERY guest
- We use ‘eco’ chemicals called Aqua Blanc which work like Chlorine using an Oxygen system and is kinder to skin and doesn’t damage our tubs
- We keep a log book of all our daily tub maintenance and they are regular checked, during use, to ensure good water quality
- There is safety information and hot tub rules displayed next to the hot tub and a full user manual inside the yurt
Want to book more than one of our yurts? Perhaps even hire the entire site privately?
As our site is relatively small and exclusive, compared to other sites, it seems to lend itself extremely well to hosting private small to medium-sized events!
Officially the site can sleep 22-32 people in our yurts but we are also able to offer the option of erecting of our furnished and decorated bell tents for additional accommodation for up to 24 guests OR you can use these for communal areas for eating or activities.
We are very happy for clients to book our whole site to celebrate special events, including small weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, hen/stag parties and many more. Have a look on our dedicated page regarding booking a special celebration.
To check the availability of our yurts please use the calendar above or contact us
We also have some wonderful additional options for you to add to your booking if you really want to treat yourselves and make the celebration extra special:
- Private Dining Pod (up to 6 people)
- Dining Table Set Up in Your Yurt
- Movie Projector with screen, DVDs and Popcorn
- Popcorn Maker
- Private Beauty/Spa Treatments in Your Yurt
- Private/Group Yoga Sessions
- Full Marquee Set Up
- Gazebo Set Up
- Table and Chair Hire
- Additional Bell Tents
Additional Ideas for Activities on Site Include:
- Flower Crown Workshop
- Flower Bouquet/Wreath Making Workshop
- Cocktail Making Masterclass
- Family Sports Day
- Silent Discos
- Pamper Parties
- Other Craft Workshops (ask us for ideas!)
- Candle Making Workshops
- 3 Course Catered Meals with Table Set Up and Waitress Service
- Gourmet Hampers – Breakfast, BBQ, Picnic and DIY Pizza Making
- Farm Shop Packs – Fresh Local Produce
- Afternoon Teas – Boxed or Full Set Up
- Grazing Platters (Cheese, Picnic, Seafood and Continental Breakfasts)
- Breakfast Boxes
- Norfolk Sweet Hampers
- Fruit/Veg Hampers
- Norfolk Fudge/Chocolates
- Homemade Luxury Brownies and S’mores
- Standard Decoration Package
- Celebration Package
- Romance Package
- Proposal Package
Shared facilities include:
- ‘The Larder’ On Site Honesty Shop
- Rookery Meadows Farm Shop
- Kitchen/Wash Up Area
- Washing Machine/Dryer
- Microwave, Kettle and Toaster
- Free Parking
Free Activities on Site Include:
- Snug/Games Room
- Wii Console and Games
- Children’s Play Area (Bob’s Park!)
- Table Tennis
- Table Football
- Badminton/Volleyball Net
- Dart Board
- Giant Outdoor Games
- The Farm Run Special Events Throughout the Year – click HERE to see 2022 events!
We are so lucky to be based in the heart of South Norfolk within easy reach of some amazing places and activities. Below we have listed some of the most popular things, with links, but if you need help planning your trip let us know:
- Norfolk Broads – Boat Hire
- Thetford Forest (Highlodge) – Bike Hire, Walking Trails, Go Ape, Archery, Playground, Cafe
- Horse Riding 3 miles from site
- Fishing 1 mile from site
- City of Norwich and Norwich Castle (19 miles)
- Bury St Edmunds and Cathedral (28 miles)
- Holkham Beach (39 miles)
- Cromer Beach (38 miles)
- Hunstanton Beach (46 miles)
- Great Yarmouth (36 miles)
- Holt – lovely quaint town with lovely local shops, cafes and restaurants, make sure you visit Byfords for cake!
- Burnham Market – upmarket town with lovely shops, cafes and restaurants including The Hoste Arms
- Banham Zoo
- Wroxham Barns
- Melsop Farm Park
- Seal Trips
- Norwich Family Gold Centre – Golf Courses, Driving Range and Crazy Golf
- High Altitude – Trampoling in Norwich
- Bure Valley Railway
- Sheringham to Holt Stream Train
- Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse – Museum
- Bowling – Dereham
- Bowling – Norwich
- Vue and Odeon Cinemas – Norwich
WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHEN BRINGING A DOG TO GLAMP & TIPPLE?
From 14th March 2022, the Glamp & Tipple experience isn’t just for humans! You will find a special dog bed, bowl, towel, lead, poo bags, treats and ground stake with cable, in your yurt, to help your canine friend enjoy their stay to the max!
WHAT IF I HAVE ALREADY BOOKED AND WOULD LIKE TO BRING MY DOG?
This is absolutely fine, simply drop us an email and we can add this to you booking.
Please be aware that dogs will be charged at £36 per dog per stay with a maximum of two allowed per yurt.
Below you will find answers to a selection of questions we regularly get asked, if there is anything we’ve missed please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Where are you located?
We are based in South Norfolk, on a working farm, in a small village called Great Ellingham (postcode is NR17 1LB)
Do you allow dogs?
Yes we allow up to 2 well behaved/trained dogs in each yurt and charge £36 per dog per stay. You must inform us of your intention to bring your dog/s in advance.
Do you have a minimum number of nights?
At certain times of the year, yes, please see below further details:
- Weekends (Fri and Sat) are a minimum of 2 nights ALL YEAR ROUND
- Weekdays (not during school holidays) NO MINIMUM STAY
- School holidays minimum of 2 nights stay
- We offer 1 night stays on SUNDAYS only during school holidays
Do you have set check in days?
As a rule the ONLY day we don’t allow check ins is on a Saturday. However, in school holidays we do have set check in days of Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
How do I know what dates are available?
Above you will see there is an availably calendar and the colours work as follows:
- Dark green dates are available
- Light green means that the dates are available but you CAN’T check in on those dates (usually in a school holiday)
- Grey dates are fully booked and have no availability
Can you get public transport to the site?
Yes. Attleborough train station is 4 miles from the site. You can either get a taxi to the site OR there is a bus which runs between Attleborough and Great Ellingham.
Is there a pub nearby?
Yes. There are lots of lovely pubs locally to us and we recommend:
- The Crown in Great Ellingham
- The White Hart in Hingham
- The Mulberry Tree in Attleborough
- The White Lodge in Attleborough
- The Stag/Breckland Lodge in Attleborough
- The Boars in Spooner Row
Do you provide bedding?
Yes all bedding, towels, robes, throws, cushions and how water bottles are provided.
Do you provide wood?
Each booking has a certain amount of wood included in the price. If you need more wood than the free allocation given to you at the start of your stay you are welcome to buy more on site for £8 per bag.
Do you provide charcoal?
No. You are welcome to bring your own or we do have some at the honesty shop which is available to purchase.
Are you open all year round?
Yes! We are open all year round and have had many wonderful guests staying during the winter who have all said it’s magical, cosy and very atmospheric!
Are the yurts warm in winter?
Yes! Our yurts are fully insulated and heated with a powerful log burner, may clients have ended up needing to open the door as they have overheated the yurt – even in winter!
We also provide thick, fluffy bedding (up to 30 togs worth of duvet!), throws, hot water bottles and if it’s super chilly outside we can also offer additional electric heaters if requested.
What time can I check in?
We operate a face to face check in service between 3-4pm each day. If you can’t make it to site by that time DON’T PANIC (!) we can happily arrange a self check in for you.
If you want to check in early at 1pm then there is a charge for this of £36.
What time do I have to check out?
Standard check out time is 10am but you can pay for a late check out at 11am for £36
Can I arrange BOTH early check in AND late check out?
Of course! If you would like both options then we can offer this at a discounted rate of £60