Glamping Events and Celebrations
Special Occasions with Friends and Family at our Luxury Glamping Site!
Book the Whole Site Privately OR a Just a Small Group of Yurts, with Private Hot Tubs and Private Bathrooms for Your Amazing Celebration!
WHAT YOU WILL FIND INSIDE YOUR YURT:
- King Size Main Bed
- Single/Double Futon Sofa Beds (Set Up Varies Depending on the Yurt)
- All Bed Linen, Toppers, Throws and Cushions (additional bedding in winter months)
- Private Covered Wood Fired Hot Tub with Jets and Lights
- Fluffy Towels (1 per person)
- Robes (adults only)
- Galaxy Projector and Bluetooth Speaker
- Clothes Storage
- Clothes Airer
- Free Electric and WIFI
- Log Burner/Stove with Oven & Fireguard
- Internal Folding Dining Table & Chairs
- Smart TV (DVD Player Available on Request)
- Full Size Fridge with Freezer Compartment
- Kitchen Utensils, Crockery, Cutlery, Tea Towels, Tea Pot & Cafitiere
- Tea/Coffee/Biscuits/Hot Chocolate/Mini Marshmallows
- Hot Water Bottles, Torch
- Starter Supply of Wood, Kindling, Firelighters and Matches (more firewood available to purchase on site, £10 per bag)
- Cleaning Equipment
- Fire Extinguisher/Fire Blanket/First Aid Kit
- CO2 and Smoke Detector
WHAT YOU WILL FIND OUTSIDE YOUR YURT:
- Outdoor Covered Kitchen Area
- Double Gas Camping Stove with Gas Provided
- Variety of Saucepans and Frying Pans
- Large 11 Litre Casserole/Stock Pot
- Large Water Container
- Gas Hob Kettle
- Combination BBQ/Pizza Oven (charcoal/wood not provided but available to purchase on site)
- Kadai Fire Pit Area with Bench Seating
- Tripod with Dutch Oven
- Kadai Fire Accessories: Hot Plate, Warming Rack and Marshmallow Roasting Prong
- Picnic Table (parasol available on on request)
- BBQ Cleaning Equipment
- 2 Large Waste Bins
USEFUL THINGS TO BRING:
- Wellington Boots
- Extra Torches
- Waterproofs and Umbrella
- Blankets (we provide blankets but you may like to bring extra)
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen and Hats
- Warm PJs and Fluffy Socks
- Deck Chairs for softer/extra seating (we do have a couple on site you can use but this is on a first come first served basis and so we advise bringing your own)
- Eye Mask for the early morning sunlight or you can buy one from us!
- Fan (for warm days)
- Extra kiln dried wood, kindling and firelighters (we also sell these on site)
All guests have their own private HEATED bathroom, a very short walk from their yurt which includes:
- Flushing Toilet!
- Electric Shower with Hot Water 24/7
- Full-Length Mirror
- Hand Towel, Face Cloth and Bath Mat
- Complimentary ‘Norfolk Natural Living’ Toiletries
- Heated Towel Rail
- Waste Bin
- Air Fresheners
- Unlimited Toilet Roll
- Lighting and Ventilation
If you are looking at holding a special event with us we have a few options to consider:
1. PRIVATE SITE HIRE
With this option you have ultimate flexibility as you have the whole site to yourselves and you do not have to share any of the facilities with any other guests outside of your party.
The site offers accommodation for 22 guests across 5 yurts but there is the option to add up to 10 extra guests (2 per yurt) on airbeds if required.
There is also the option to book additional, furnished bell tents for extra accommodation or communal spaces.
With the private hire option we are able to be a lot more flexible on what you would like to arrange (entertainment wise) during you stay as there are no other guests on site.
2. MULTIPLE YURTS (MAX 3)
If the private hire option isn’t suitable or ‘overkill’ for the size of your celebration then we can allow the option to just book 1,2 or 3 of our yurts for between 12 – 16 people (again 2 extra guests per yurt would be possible).
Why a maximum of 3 yurts? This is to avoid the scenario where we have 4 yurts for an event and then 1 yurt with other guests as this can make it awkward for both parties.
Yurts are VERY similar in shape to the bell tents we used to have but vastly superior in terms of warmth, usable space, strength and durability!
As an example, insulated yurts are lived in, in the highlands of Scotland and Outer Mongolia all year round and can withstand wind speeds of up to 150mph and a weight of snow of 20lbs per square foot! These really aren’t going anywhere!
Bell tents have to be replaced every year, as the canvas isn’t as durable, but yurts will last for up to 20 years!
Some of the benefits/upgrades include:
Thick insulated walls – better energy efficiency and warmth all year round
Wooden lattice structure giving more stability and strength in all weathers
Lockable solid wood doors for extra security
Larger internal/useable space due to the higher sides/walls and ceilings
Stunning carved woodwork and central skylight for star gazing
Each of our gorgeous luxury, heated yurts has includes it very own private hot tub to really enhance your stay! There is nothing quite like sitting in the bubbling hot water and staring at the night sky!
We thought it was important to detail a few bits of information on our hot tubs:
- They are top of the range wood-fired
- They have massage jets and lights
- They are right next to your yurt and accessible for your private use throughout the whole of the stay, start to finish!
- They are covered and sheltered from the weather by a wood gazebo with fairy lights and bunting
How do we manage our hot tubs?
- All staff are fully trained in hot tub care following industry legislation and standards
- Water is emptied between EVERY guest and the tub sanitised with spa cleaner before being refilled
- The hot tub has a filter which works to keep your water clean during your stay and this is changed between EVERY guest
- We use ‘eco’ chemicals called Aqua Blanc which work like Chlorine using an Oxygen system and is kinder to skin and doesn’t damage our tubs
- We keep a log book of all our daily tub maintenance and they are regular checked, during use, to ensure good water quality
- There is safety information and hot tub rules displayed next to the hot tub and a full user manual inside the yurt
We also have some wonderful additional options for you to add to your booking if you really want to treat yourselves and make the celebration extra special:
- Decoration Packages
- Private Dining Pod (up to 6 people)
- Movie Projector with screen, DVDs and Popcorn OR full cinema shop and personalised tickets!
- Private Beauty/Spa Treatments in Your Yurt (see above for treatment lists)
- Private/Group Yoga Sessions
- Gazebo Set Up
- Additional Table and Chair Hire
- Additional Furnished Bell Tents
- Event photography
- COMING IN FEB 2023 – NEW COVERED COMMUNAL AREA!
Additional Ideas for Activities on Site Include:
- Flower Crown Workshop
- Flower Bouquet/Wreath Making Workshop
- Cocktail Making Masterclass
- Adult Sports Day
- Dance Classes
- Magician/Close Up Magic
- Casino Hire
- Glitter/Facepainting Bar
- Pamper Parties
- Silent Discos
- Life Drawing Class
- Pamper Parties
- Other Craft Workshops (ask us for ideas!)
- Candle Making Workshops
- 3 Course Catered Meals with Table Set Up and Waitress Service
- Farm Shop Breakfast & BBQ Packs
- Farm Charcuterie Pack
- Farm Veg/Fruit Packs
- Afternoon Teas – Boxed
- Afternoon Teas – Full Set Up
- Grazing Platters (Cheese, Picnic and Continental)
- ‘Sweet-ness’ Continental Breakfast Boxes
- Norfolk Sweet Hampers
- Fruit/Veg Hampers
- Norfolk Fudge/Chocolates
- Homemade Luxury Brownies and S’mores
Shared facilities include:
- Large 12m x 6m Covered Communal Area with Seating
- ‘The Larder’ On Site Honesty Shop
- Rookery Meadows Farm Shop
- Honesty Hot Drinks Machine
- Kitchen/Wash Up Area/Laundry Room
- Washing Machine/Dryer
- Microwave, Kettle and Toaster
- Large Selection of DVDs
- Free Parking
Activities on Site Include:
- Children’s Play Area (Bob’s Park!)
- Table Tennis (free)
- Table Football (free)
- Pool Table (contactless payment by card or phone – no change required)
- Badminton/Volleyball Net (free)
- Dart Board (free)
- Giant Outdoor Games (free) – Croquet, Quoits, Kubb, Dominoes, Skittles, Jenga & Boules
We are so lucky to be based in the heart of South Norfolk within easy reach of some amazing places and activities. Below we have listed some of the most popular things, with links, but if you need help planning your trip let us know:
- Norfolk Broads – Boat Hire
- Thetford Forest (Highlodge) – Bike Hire, Walking Trails, Go Ape, Archery, Playground, Cafe
- Horse Riding 3 miles from site
- Fishing 1 mile from site
- City of Norwich and Norwich Castle (19 miles)
- Bury St Edmunds and Cathedral (28 miles)
- Holkham Beach (39 miles)
- Cromer Beach (38 miles)
- Hunstanton Beach (46 miles)
- Great Yarmouth (36 miles)
- Holt – lovely quaint town with lovely local shops, cafes and restaurants, make sure you visit Byfords for cake!
- Burnham Market – upmarket town with lovely shops, cafes and restaurants including The Hoste Arms
- Banham Zoo
- Wroxham Barns
- Melsop Farm Park
- Seal Trips
- Norwich Family Gold Centre – Golf Courses, Driving Range and Crazy Golf
- High Altitude – Trampoling in Norwich
- Bure Valley Railway
- Sheringham to Holt Stream Train
- Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse – Museum
- Bowling – Dereham
- Bowling – Norwich
- Vue and Odeon Cinemas – Norwich
Local Restaurants and Pubs:
- The Crown – Great Ellingham
- The Boars – Spooner Row
- White Lodge – Attleborough
- White Hart – Hingham
- The Mulberry Tree – Attleborough
- Breckland Lodge – Attleborough
Below you will find answers to a selection of questions we regularly get asked, if there is anything we’ve missed please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Where are you located?
We are based in South Norfolk, on a working farm, in a small village called Great Ellingham (postcode is NR17 1LB)
Do you allow dogs?
Yes we allow up to 2 well behaved/trained dogs in each yurt and charge £36 per dog per stay. You must inform us of your intention to bring your dog/s in advance.
Do you have a minimum number of nights I have to book?
At certain times of the year, yes, please see below further details:
- Weekends (Fri and Sat) and School Holidays are a Minimum of 2 Nights
- Outside of School Holidays and Weekends we can Offer 1 Night Stays
Do you have set check in days?
- In High Season (April – September/all school holidays) we don’t allow check ins is on a Saturday but you can check in on any other days of the week.
- In Low Season (October – March/outside of school holidays) we allow check ins on ANY day of the week and there is no minimum booking requirement.
How do I know what dates are available?
Above you will see there is an availably calendar and the colours work as follows:
- Dark green dates are available and you CAN check in on that date
- Light green means that the dates are available to stay but you CAN’T check in on that date
- Grey dates are fully booked and have no availability
Can you get public transport to the site?
Yes. Attleborough train station is 4 miles from the site. You can either get a taxi to the site OR there is a bus which runs between Attleborough and Great Ellingham.
Is there a pub nearby?
Yes. There are lots of lovely pubs locally to us and we recommend:
- The Crown in Great Ellingham
- The White Hart in Hingham
- The Mulberry Tree in Attleborough
- The White Lodge in Attleborough
- The Stag/Breckland Lodge in Attleborough
- The Boars in Spooner Row
Do you provide bedding?
Yes all bedding, towels, robes, throws, cushions and how water bottles are provided.
Do you provide wood?
Each booking has a certain amount of wood included in the price. If you need more wood than the free allocation given to you at the start of your stay you are welcome to buy more on site for £10 per bag. We also sell extra kindling and firelights in the shop.
Do you provide charcoal?
No. You are welcome to bring your own or we do have some at the honesty shop which is available to purchase.
Are you open all year round?
Yes! We are open all year round and have had many wonderful guests staying during the winter who have all said it’s magical, cosy and very atmospheric! The internal log burners really do pack a punch!
Are the yurts warm in winter?
Yes! Our yurts are fully insulated and heated with a powerful log burner, may clients have ended up needing to open the door as they have overheated the yurt – even in winter!
We also provide thick, fluffy bedding (up to 30 togs worth of duvet!), throws, hot water bottles and if it’s super chilly outside we can also offer additional electric heaters if requested.
What time can I check in?
We operate a face to face check in service between 3-4pm each day. If you can’t make it to site by that time DON’T PANIC (!) we can happily arrange a self check in for you.
If you want to check in early at 1pm then there is a charge for this of £36.
What time do I have to check out?
Standard check out time is 10am but you can pay for a late check out at 11am for £36
Can I arrange BOTH early check in AND late check out?
Of course! If you would like both options then we can offer this at a discounted rate of £60
Please click the links below for further information: