Luxury Norfolk Glamping Site
Award Winning Farm Glamping in the Heart of South Norfolk
Rural Luxury Yurts, on a farm, with Private Hot Tubs and Private Bathrooms
WHAT YOU WILL FIND INSIDE YOUR YURT:
- King Size Main Bed
- Single/Double Futon Sofa Beds (Set Up Varies Depending on the Yurt)
- All Bed Linen, Toppers, Throws and Cushions (additional bedding in winter months)
- Private Covered Wood Fired Hot Tub with Jets and Lights
- Fluffy Towels (1 per person)
- Robes (adults only)
- Galaxy Projector and Bluetooth Speaker
- Clothes Storage
- Clothes Airer
- Free Electric and WIFI
- Log Burner/Stove with Oven & Fireguard
- Internal Folding Dining Table & Chairs
- Smart TV (DVD Player Available on Request)
- Full Size Fridge with Freezer Compartment
- Kitchen Utensils, Crockery, Cutlery, Tea Towels, Tea Pot & Cafitiere
- Tea/Coffee/Biscuits/Hot Chocolate/Mini Marshmallows
- Hot Water Bottles, Torch
- Starter Supply of Wood, Kindling, Firelighters and Matches (more firewood available to purchase on site, £10 per bag)
- Cleaning Equipment
- Fire Extinguisher/Fire Blanket/First Aid Kit
- CO2 and Smoke Detector
WHAT YOU WILL FIND OUTSIDE YOUR YURT:
- Outdoor Covered Kitchen Area
- Double Gas Camping Stove with Gas Provided
- Variety of Saucepans and Frying Pans
- Large 11 Litre Casserole/Stock Pot
- Large Water Container
- Gas Hob Kettle
- Combination BBQ/Pizza Oven (charcoal/wood not provided but available to purchase on site)
- Kadai Fire Pit Area with Bench Seating
- Tripod with Dutch Oven (on request)
- Kadai Fire Accessories: Hot Plate, Warming Rack and Marshmallow Roasting Prong
- Picnic Table (parasol available on on request)
- BBQ Cleaning Equipment
- 2 Large Waste Bins
USEFUL THINGS TO BRING:
- Wellington Boots
- Extra Torches
- Waterproofs and Umbrella
- Blankets (we provide blankets but you may like to bring extra)
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen and Hats
- Warm PJs and Fluffy Socks
- Deck Chairs for softer/extra seating (we do have a couple on site you can use but this is on a first come first served basis and so we advise bringing your own)
- Eye Mask for the early morning sunlight or you can buy one from us!
- Fan (for warm days)
- Extra kiln dried wood, kindling and firelighters (we also sell these on site)
All guests have their own private HEATED bathroom, a very short 20/30 second walk from their yurt (please refer to the map of the site to see location of the bathrooms in relation to the yurts)
Bathroom Facilities include:
- Flushing Toilet
- Electric Shower with Hot Water 24/7
- Full-Length Mirror
- Hand Towel, Face Cloth and Bath Mat
- Complimentary ‘Norfolk Natural Living’ Toiletries
- Heated Towel Rail
- Waste Bin
- Air Fresheners
- 4 Rolls of Toilet Roll (more available to purchase on site if needed)
- Lighting and Ventilation
Yurts are VERY similar in shape to the bell tents we used to have but vastly superior in terms of warmth, usable space, strength and durability!
As an example, insulated yurts are lived in, in the highlands of Scotland and Outer Mongolia all year round and can withstand wind speeds of up to 150mph and a weight of snow of 20lbs per square foot! These really aren’t going anywhere!
Bell tents have to be replaced every year, as the canvas isn’t as durable, but yurts will last for up to 20 years!
Some of the benefits/upgrades include:
Thick insulated walls – better energy efficiency and warmth all year round
Wooden lattice structure giving more stability and strength in all weathers
Lockable solid wood doors for extra security
Larger internal/useable space due to the higher sides/walls and ceilings
Stunning carved woodwork and central skylight for star gazing
Each of our gorgeous luxury, heated yurts has includes it very own private hot tub to really enhance your stay! There is nothing quite like sitting in the bubbling hot water and staring at the night sky!
We thought it was important to detail a few bits of information on our hot tubs:
- They are top of the range wood-fired
- They have massage jets and lights
- They are right next to your yurt and accessible for your private use throughout the whole of the stay, start to finish!
- They are covered and sheltered from the weather by a wood gazebo with fairy lights and bunting
How do we manage our hot tubs?
- All staff are fully trained in hot tub care following industry legislation and standards
- Water is emptied between EVERY guest and the tub sanitised with spa cleaner before being refilled
- We use ‘eco’ chemicals called Aqua Blanc which work like Chlorine using an Oxygen based system and is kinder to skin and doesn’t damage our tubs or your skin/clothing
- We keep a log book of all our daily tub maintenance and they are regular checked, during use, to ensure good water quality
- There is safety information and hot tub rules displayed next to the hot tub and a full user manual inside the yurt
If you are looking at holding a special event with us we have a few options to consider:
1. PRIVATE SITE HIRE
With this option you have ultimate flexibility as you have the whole site to yourselves and you do not have to share any of the facilities with any other guests outside of your party.
The basic/standard set up on site offers accommodation for 22 guests across 5 yurts.
There is the option to add up to 10 extra guests (2 per yurt) on airbeds if required.
There is also the option to book additional, furnished bell tents for extra accommodation or communal spaces. This can increase the total capacity of the site to 56 guests.
With the private hire option we are able to be a lot more flexible on what you would like to arrange (entertainment wise) during you stay as there are no other guests on site.
2. MULTIPLE YURTS
If the private hire option isn’t suitable or is simply ‘overkill’ for the size of your celebration then we can allow the option to just book a smaller number of yurts instead.
Shared facilities include:
- Large 12m x 6m Covered Communal Area with Seating
- ‘The Larder’ On Site Honesty Shop
- Rookery Meadows Farm Shop
- Honesty Coffee Corner
- Kitchen/Wash Up Area/Laundry Room
- Washing Machine/Dryer
- Microwave, Kettle and Toaster
- Selection of DVDs
- Free Parking
Activities on Site Include:
- Children’s Play Area (Bob’s Park!)
- Table Tennis (free)
- Table Football (free)
- Pool Table (contactless payment by card or phone – no change required)
- Badminton/Volleyball Net (free)
- Dart Board (free)
- Giant Outdoor Games (free) – Croquet, Quoits, Kubb, Dominoes, Skittles, Jenga & Boules
We also have some wonderful additional options for you to add to your booking if you really want to treat yourselves and make the celebration extra special (contact us for prices):
- Early Check In at 1pm (£36 per yurt)
- Late Check Out at 11am (£24 per yurt)
- Combined Early Check In & Late Check Out (£55 per yurt)
- Dog Charge (£36 per dog, per stay)
- Day Guests (£15pp)
- Electric Fan (£15 per stay)
- Electric Heaters (£10 per day)
- Decoration Packages
- Gazebo Set Up
- Additional Table and Chair Hire
- Additional Furnished Bell Tents
- Movie Projector with screen, DVDs and Popcorn
- Private Beauty/Spa Treatments in Your Yurt/Pamper Parties
- Group Henna Art
- Private/Group Yoga Sessions
- Flower Crown Workshop
- Flower Bouquet/Wreath Making Workshop
- Bow Making Workshops
- Cocktail Making Masterclass
- Adult Sports Day
- Giant Inflatable Adult Assault Course
- Group Dance Classes
- Magician/Close Up Magic
- Casino Hire
- Glitter/Face-painting Bar
- Tie – Die Activity
- Silent Discos
- Life Drawing Classes
- Other Craft Workshops (ask us for ideas!)
- 3 Course Catered Meals with Table Set Up and Waitress Service
- Farm Shop Breakfast & BBQ Packs
- Farm Charcuterie Pack
- Farm Veg/Fruit Packs
- Afternoon Teas – Boxed
- Afternoon Teas – Full Set Up
- Grazing Platters (Cheese, Picnic and Continental)
- ‘Sweet-ness’ Continental Breakfast Boxes
- Norfolk Sweet Hampers
- Fruit/Veg Hampers
- Homemade Luxury Brownies and S’mores
Based on a working farm in Great Ellingham, South Norfolk we have a unique placement and always like to ensure guests are fully aware that we are situated next to a B road (Watton Road) which services nearby farm traffic and normal local traffic. At peak times (morning and late afternoons) road noise can be louder than we might like but overall guests have never expressed any major issues at all. The main issue we face is a guest not researching our location closely enough prior to booking and then being surprised to see the road there on arrival. We understand that our location may not be suitable for everyone and urge guests to check this before making a booking as we do try to make this as clear as possible via photographs and also google maps.
On the flip side we are so lucky to be based where we are as we are within easy reach of some amazing places and activities. Below we have listed some of the most popular things, with links, but if you need help planning your trip let us know:
- Norfolk Broads – Boat Hire
- Thetford Forest (Highlodge) – Bike Hire, Walking Trails, Go Ape, Archery, Playground, Cafe
- Horse Riding 3 miles from site
- Fishing 1 mile from site
- Local Paddle-Boarding Locations
- Pingo Trail
- Wymondham Leisure Centre
- Thetford Leisure Centre
- City of Norwich and Norwich Castle (19 miles)
- Bury St Edmunds and Cathedral (28 miles)
- Holkham Beach (39 miles)
- Cromer Beach (38 miles)
- Hunstanton Beach (46 miles)
- Great Yarmouth (36 miles)
- Holt – lovely quaint town with lovely local shops, cafes and restaurants, make sure you visit Byfords for cake!
- Burnham Market – upmarket town with lovely shops, cafes and restaurants including The Hoste Arms
- Banham Zoo
- Wroxham Barns
- Melsop Farm Park
- Seal Trips
- Norwich Family Gold Centre – Golf Courses, Driving Range and Crazy Golf
- High Altitude – Trampoling in Norwich
- Bure Valley Railway
- Sheringham to Holt Stream Train
- Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse – Museum
- Bowling – Dereham
- Bowling – Norwich
- Vue and Odeon Cinemas – Norwich
Local Restaurants and Pubs:
WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHEN BRINGING A DOG TO GLAMP & TIPPLE?
Glamping isn’t just for humans! When you choose to bring your canine companion they will received a special doggy welcome pack in your yurt and lots of cuddles!
WHAT IF I HAVE ALREADY BOOKED AND WOULD LIKE TO BRING MY DOG?
This is absolutely fine, simply drop us an email and we can add this to you booking.
Please be aware that dogs will be charged at £36 per dog per stay with a maximum of two allowed per yurt. If you have more than 2 dogs please contact us to see if we can be flexible on this.
ARE THERE ANY RULES/POLICIES FOR DOGS I SHOULD BE AWARE OF?
As much as we would like to give all dogs free rein on site we hope owners will understand that we have a duty to ensure we keep them. other glampers and wildlife safe at all times. Therefore we have a special ‘dog policy’ which you can read in full here.
Please ensure you have read this information before booking to bring your dog with you
Below you will find answers to a selection of questions we regularly get asked, if there is anything we’ve missed please contact us and we will be happy to help.
You will also find LOTS of information on our APP via this link: G&T App and Guidebook
Where are you located?
We are based in South Norfolk, on a working farm, in a small village called Great Ellingham (postcode is NR17 1LB)
How close are the bathrooms to the yurts?
Your private bathroom is a short 20/30 second stroll from your yurt depending on the yurt you book. Unfortunately due to the rural location of the site we were unable to install en-suite bathrooms next to the yurt but most guests love their little private on site bathroom and have no issues with the short walk. Please ensure you are happy with this and familiarise yourselves with the map of the site here.
Do you allow dogs?
Yes we allow up to 2 well behaved/trained dogs in each yurt and charge £36 per dog per stay. You must inform us of your intention to bring your dog/s in advance. If you have more than 2 dogs please contact us as we can sometimes be flexible on this. Please read our dog policy in full before booking here.
Can I Bring My Own Heater?
No, unfortunately due to safety and insurance we cannot allow guests to bring their own heaters. The powerful log burner is very good at heating the yurts but if you want to hire a heater from us you are welcome to do so.
Do you have a minimum number of nights or set check in days I have to book?
- You can check in on ANY day of the week all year round
- Friday and Saturday Nights have a 2 Night Minimum Booking Requirement ALL year round
- Bank Holiday Weekends are a Minimum of 3 Nights (Friday – Monday)
- One night stays are allowed on Weekdays (Sunday – Thursday) Outside of School Holidays
- All Weekdays in School Holidays are a Minimum of 2 Night Stay
- Festive Packages are 3 Night Packages
Can you get public transport to the site?
Yes. Attleborough train station is 4 miles from the site. You can either get a taxi to the site OR there is a bus which runs between Attleborough and Great Ellingham.
Is there a pub nearby?
Yes. There are lots of lovely pubs locally to us and we recommend:
- The Crown in Great Ellingham
- The White Hart in Hingham
- The Mulberry Tree in Attleborough
- The White Lodge in Attleborough
- The Stag/Breckland Lodge in Attleborough
- The Boars in Spooner Row
Do you provide bedding?
Yes all bedding, towels, adult robes, throws, cushions and how water bottles are provided.
Do you provide wood?
Each booking has a certain amount of wood included in the price. If you need more wood than the free allocation given to you at the start of your stay you are welcome to buy more on site for £10 per bag. We also sell extra kindling and firelights in the shop. You are also welcome bring your own kind dried wood, kindling, firelighters and matches with you if you prefer. We DO NOT insist that you buy them from us as you may find them cheaper elsewhere.
Do you provide charcoal?
No. You are welcome to bring your own or we do have some at the honesty shop which is available to purchase.
Are you open all year round?
Yes! We are open all year round and have had many wonderful guests staying during the winter who have all said it’s magical, cosy and very atmospheric! The internal log burners really do pack a punch!
Are the yurts warm in winter?
Yes! Our yurts are fully insulated and heated with a powerful log burner, may clients have ended up needing to open the door as they have overheated the yurt – even in winter! We also provide thick, fluffy bedding (up to 30 togs worth of duvet!), throws, hot water bottles and if it’s super chilly outside we can also offer additional electric heaters if requested.
What time can I check in?
We operate a face to face check in service between 3-4pm each day. If you can’t make it to site by that time DON’T PANIC (!) we can happily arrange a self check in for you. If you want to check in early at 1pm then there is a charge for this of £36 per yurt
What time do I have to check out?
Standard check out time is 10am but you can pay for a late check out at 11am for £24 per yurt
Can I arrange BOTH early check in AND late check out?
Of course! If you would like both options then we can offer this at a discounted rate of £55 per yurt
Can I Buy a Gift Voucher?
Yes! You can buy flexible vouchers for any amount (from £50 upwards) by clicking here